The Museum provides public access to a range of research materials including access to our database, digital images, maps dating back as far as 1859, as well as documents, books and papers relating to the area from Gympie to Brisbane. The collection includes Government Gazettes from 1862-1994.
Research is conducted in the Stan Tutt Reading Room which was the old Board Room of the Council Chambers. A hand crafted Reading Room sign is located on the wall of the room. It was made by local craftsperson, Gary Clarke, from recycled cedar and beech.
Research ticket: Research can be undertaken in the Reading Room by purchasing a daily ticket for $5 or an annual ticket for $25.
Stan Tutt 1914-2011
Gone from here but never forgotten.
The Stan Tutt Reading Room was named in honour of local historian HS (Stan) Tutt OAM who became a life member of the Historical Society on 2 June 1998.
Stan was involved with the Society since its inception in 1973, holding the position of President from 1978 to 1988. He has several publications to his name including Sunshine Coast Heritage and In Company of Ghosts, an autobiography.