Jack Ferris

This booklet is the result of research undertaken by members of Friends of Bankfoot House Inc., from family anecdotes and other previously published information relating to the life of John Charles (Jack) Ferris.

Jack Ferris was the last resident of Bankfoot House, which was established in 1868 by William and Mary Grigor as a lunch stop and staging point for the Cobb & Co Coach service between Brisbane and the Gympie goldfields.

Three generations of the Grigor, Burgess and Ferris families occupied the house for over 130 years.

This book includes many black and white photos, the Ferris ancestry, Cobb & Co stories and many other chapters about Jack Ferris’s 101 years of life.

Leave a Reply