Landsborough and District Historical Society Inc
The Landsborough Museum is the business entity of the Landsborough & District Historical Society Inc, which was formed in 1973.
Our mission is to collect, research, conserve, interpret and exhibit the artifacts, memorabilia, documents, photographs and stories of indigenous and non-indigenous peoples whose heritage can be linked to that region, known in the year 2000, as Caloundra City.
The Society has a management committee comprised of a President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer who are responsible for the operation of the Museum.
The Museum is housed in what was the original Landsborough Shire Council Chambers, which were designed in 1924 by renowned architect Walter Carey Voller, and built from local timbers supplied by A E Round.
In 1988 using funding from the Bi-centenary, the old building was revamped and a new building of rammed earth construction was added. The complex was reopened on Australia Day in 1988 by J L Beausang, the last chairman of Landsborough Shire and first mayor of Caloundra City.
At a Heritage Council meeting on the 25 June 1999, it was resolved to enter the “former Landsborough Shire Council Chambers” into the Queensland Heritage Register.
The Museum is operated by a small group of dedicated volunteers, each employed in a range of activities including working in the library, helping with exhibitions, general cleaning and maintenance, computer data entry, administrative and archival work. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please phone us on 5494 1755 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop into the Museum and see us. The Museum is also registered with Centrelink.